Thursday, February 18, 2010

Day 17 (137)-February 17th (Wednesday)

Instructor-Dale 8pm
Last night was nothing short of tough, and not just for me, but for many students. Most of us seemed pretty pumped while waiting for class to begin in the lobby but once that humid air hit us, I think we all wanted to fall asleep lol! There were many "twitchers" (term I like to use when we can't seem to stand or sit still by wiping sweat or hair, moving in place on our mat, or constantly grabbing for the water bottle). My standing series was strong enough to block out the humidity but by the time I reached the floor it was a struggle just to do the twenty second savasanas. Have you ever wished sometimes certain postures were longer or shorter? I have thought about it but since no two classes are ever the same, I would find that my mind would change each day I went in lol. Mentally I had a short fuse and Dale sometimes likes to get off topic or sing a bit in between postures and since I just had no patience last night I kindly asked him to stop singing. Dale, bless his heart, did not give me a rough time about and stopped at my request. I hope he realizes at this point I am an emotional little firecracker and not to take me too seriously.

3 comments:

  1. LOL "twitchers" is the perfect name/description for it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sure he knew just what you are going through! We do get the crazies doing so much yoga. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Indeed - no two classes are the same. Ups and down, just all part of this ride... :)

    ReplyDelete