Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Day 15 (135)- February 15th (Monday)

Instructor-Katie-8pm
I mentioned in a previous blog about how some students really just have a hard time getting through their first class and they insist on vocalizing it, well tonight was one of those nights. Have you ever had that thought where if you could go back to your first class what would you change? Hmmm.. let's think about this one..would you change the instructor if you knew which one would be considered an "easier" instructor to get through? Would you change the time of day you went? Would you convince a friend to go with you? It is interesting to think that if we would know different variables beforehand, would we make things easier on ourselves? And in fact, if you had an easier instructor who turned on fans or told you take it easy after every other posture, would it potentially make a difference in your attitude towards yoga now? If I really had to answer it, it would be no, I wouldn't change a thing, I had a hard ass for a teacher who insisted I try every posture, made sure no one talked and I felt nauseous, dizzy, and really thought this wasn't for me. Now I'm doing a 150 plus challenge...sometimes I believe attitude is everything.

3 comments:

  1. Hmm. that first class. I didn't know what to expect, the teacher was mean to me (I didn't stay at that studio!) and the room was unbearably hot and stinky. I don't think easier would have made a diff for me either. I think it was destiny for me to get hooked on bikram yoga. I kept coming back. Had no idea why....it just drew me for some reason. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I went to my first class by myself, and I'm glad I did. I felt peaceful and ready to try anything my teacher had to throw at me. The first class she was gentle but still challenged us, and with every class she adds something that pushes all of us farther. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. No I wouldn't change anything, the class was exactly what I needed to come back for a second class. While also humbling me enough to respect the heat and the workout.

    ReplyDelete