Sunday, February 21, 2010

Day 19 (139)- February 19th (Friday)

Instructor- Colin-6pm
Another hot one! Colin is one of the newer editions to our yoga community and I have a feeling he hasn't been able to combine dialogue with his own character yet but I'm sure once he gets a flow rolling he will probably be one of the stronger teachers out there.
Ahhh..instructors...we all have favorites though we don't like to admit it, or maybe we have bits and parts of each instructor we like. We feel comfortable with the old guru's and we feel uneasy about new ones. Haven't you felt like some teachers you just know what to expect, you receive more attention from or you know if they will turn on fans or leave you gasping for air? Sometimes it's nice to come in to the studio not knowing what teacher to expect and other times your feeling so emotional that you have to know who's teaching to see if you'll make it through the class. Don't get me wrong, I have love for all my yoga family, I just get into a routine where certain instructors I like to see at certain times, or when I'm feeling a certain way emotionally.

1 comment:

  1. It's totally natural to have favorites. I find that as I grow in my practice, that shifts sometimes. Somebody who I used to avoid because they were too hard I may suddenly start to crave as I get stronger...
    I totally love watching the new teachers come back from training and eventually get their "style" down pat.

    ReplyDelete