Sunday, February 21, 2010

Day 18 (138)- February 18th (Thursday)

Instructor- Joseph-6pm
The heat wave comes crashing down on me..this was an intense class to the point where I was crying and begging my mind and body not to give up on me. As much as I would like to say Joseph is mean and torturous, I stayed in that room because he believed we could get through it and he purposely had me up front and center just so he could help me push my limitations. Nothing short of fear and anger soared through me many times but I had to calmly tell myself "it's only ninety minutes to give you ninety years of life". I'm not too sure many people could have agreed with that statement while in that room, especially the ones who left ( I think that was the highest drop out rate I've ever seen), but yet I felt like I passed a personal challenge. One thing I noticed physically afterwards was the massive headache I received, not sure if that was due to dehydration or the heat or a combination.

1 comment:

  1. Even when I was practicing regularly, I got that post-Bikram massive headache occasionally. My teachers said that it was likely because I was opening up channels/blood vessels/muscles in my neck and upper back, increasing blood flow to the area.

    That didn't make it *not* hurt, though! (I did get fewer and fewer migraines.) I hope you're feeling better. :)

    ReplyDelete