Monday, February 15, 2010

Days 10, 11 and 12- February 10th, 11th and 12th (Wednesday-Friday)

Instructors-Jaime (10th), Carol (11th), Colin (12th)-4,930,and 6

Instead of writing each day since I have missed basically a week's worth of writing, I'm just going to write what I learned in these classes:

*Coconut water (especially passion fruit flavored) is an amazing electrolyte booster and has made my classes a lot easier to maintain in hydration and literally it flushes so many toxins out of your body. Absolutely revitalizing.
*Emotions come out physically, I feel tensions in my neck and shoulders within hours of feeling emotional stress.
*Certain foods can make my classes alot harder, especially chicken (yeah, believe it!) and greasy foods.
*Advil is safer and easier to take just before class than Tylenol when you have back pain.
*Bikram Yoga is essentially, not for everyone. I see people come in and complain the entire time during class, then complain in the change rooms after. And it can make for a challenging class when they are creating such a negative vibe.
*The front is not always the key place to be, I find the biggest challenge is being at the back with the "weaker" students, they make it harder to concentrate and less motivating but they make me work that much harder.
*Your not going to warm up to all teachers, some may take some time, some you will try to avoid. Unfortunately I have met a teacher that has not rubbed me the right way, but I will give him another chance.
I know my list sounds more negative than positive but last week was very tough personally and I found that when one negative aspect is in your life, it can leak out negative emotions on other aspects, including yoga.

No comments:

Post a Comment