Monday, February 8, 2010

Day 8 (128)-February 8th (Monday)

Instructor-Maria-1245pm
Beautiful sunshine, peaceful morning and the Olympic torch was parading through our fair city, it has been a idyllic Monday and the icing on the cake: Maria's firm but serene afternoon yoga. I think the only other person who can push me with standing head to knee with a high success rate is Frank. Maria stood by to see me finish the posture, breathing deeply as I watched my standing leg shake but by god, I was going to hold it and she was detrimental on seeing me hold it lol. Maria commands, she doesn't ask but that is what is so beautiful about her instruction- there is a willingness to put forth the energy and follow through that is exceptional about her presence.
The theme I believe for this month is 'going for the gold', of course, because Vancouver is holding the winter Olympics, but perhaps because we should take pride in our ability to work hard in these classes and we should not hold back, always striving for better.
I challenge all my 101's and my 30 day challengers to really take this month as an opportunity to see how far you can go with your yoga, surprise your instructors, surprise yourself!

No comments:

Post a Comment