Thursday, December 10, 2009

Day 10- December 10th (Thursday)

Instructor- Jaime-4pm
Two ideas that were brought to my attention today: one from a student who said after I complimented her practise and focus, "I only focus on myself, like there is no one else in the room." It brought me to the attention of where my focus is sometimes-do I manage to put 100% concentration on myself or am I easily distracted? For me, some days are easier than others to put all that energy into the image reflected back in the mirror and other days I need the motivation and inspiration from others (hence the reason why I go to the back of the studio). Some classes I feel relaxed when the blinds are open and I can few the sunshine outside giving me a feeling of calm when I'm doing postures such as eagle or standing bow. Other times I do feel truly inspired to challenge myself or see what corrections I need to make by looking at advanced students, so quite literally, I do feel like I can focus just let me choose the subject lol. When I have to view my stomach and the fact I cannot suck it in every second only frustrates me so for me, it's best to take a breath, look at the positive energy around me and smile.
Second idea has to do with monotony. As much as I adore all instructors here at this studio I find that when their dialogue comes across as a bit lifeless and monotonous, the zest of energy can quickly drain out of the students. In other words, if the instructor does not sound enthused, the students are going to find the class more like work than a time to self examine and have an exciting challenge. Either way, the class was soothing and it is always nice to see familiar students...yay Raj!

No comments:

Post a Comment