Sunday, December 6, 2009

Day 5- December 5th (Saturday)

Instructor-Candice-10am
Why is Candice my standing head to knee guru? I told her 'I want to be in the Hatha Yoga Competition next year' and her reply 'To start, you need to get into the standing head to knee posture with no pause, no stops, lock the knees, and forehead firmly on the knee, you nail that the rest will be smooth.' So, each class from then on out I have been determined to go further and further with my standing head to knee, at least stretching my legs out and pulling my arms closer to my calves. It appears for reasons unknown to me that I can concentrate and focus more in this posture than in the standing bow, I seem to exert more energy physically in the standing bow and more energy mentally in the standing head to knee.
Anyway, if you have ever seen Candice practise, you would be aware of the fact that her standing head to knee is immaculate; she has the focus to maintain the form and the strength to hold the perfect L shape, thus holding her as my guru for standing head to knee lol.
Before I came to class I was feeling very nauseous and it took whatever motivation I had to take her class but it was well worth it, by the time I got home I had clarity and energy to seize the rest of the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment