Sunday, December 13, 2009

Day 13-December 13th (Sunday)

Instructor-Ellena-10am
This morning I knew I had to stock up on electrolytes, water and food to fuel myself for the day ahead. But once I entered the studio I felt reassured that this was going to be a good day; the temperature was balanced to my liking, the students were in positive spirits (maybe due to the snow) and the soothing voice of Ellena.
Some days I come in filled with anxiety, unsure of really wanting to do a class but today with two classes to overcome I actually felt calm and at peace just waiting to see where the classes would take me. I would have to say my standing bow was probably one of my strongest and I seem to venture to new depths all the time but as I have mentioned earlier this week, my endurance to hold many of the standing series postures has dropped but I have to keep reminding myself that the body changes and this too shall pass. This class was a great way to start my day.....
___________________________________________________
Instructor-Anthea-4pm (Making up for Day 8)
....and so I continue with snow boots on this time walking to the studio and hoping I wasn't going to be the only student there. Surprisingly there were six dedicated students whom I'm sure all felt pretty good about themselves for showing up. Another cheery lady to help us rev into the postures I felt this second wind to see where my body would take me in the afternoon. I have noticed lately my floor bow has had some major changes although I find it quite difficult to lean my body weight onto my chest as well as keep my knees inward. One trick about this posture that has helped me so much is to start by taking a deep breath in and looking straight up to the ceiling because as we all have heard "where your eyes go, your body will follow". However, my spine seems to have given me a little more leeway in rounding upward, giving me more strength to kick higher. It is encouraging to see little changes and amazing to know that my body was able to finish my day on a strong note.

No comments:

Post a Comment