Sunday, December 27, 2009

Day 26 & 27- December 26th and 27th (Saturday and Sunday)

Instructor-Stefanie- 4pm
Boxing day was a bit of a struggle in the morning as the festive turkey from the night before knocked me out like a sedative. The family get together was not complete yet until I had to knock back a couple of drinks with relatives in the early afternoon lol. So, by the time I arrived at yoga I was feeling a bit loose, a bit limber and quite relaxed for this afternoon session. The class was very strong as I pushed some boundaries on my balancing series just to see how limber I really was. Stefanie's headstrong voice kept the students energy levels high with equal amounts of motivation and tranquility during savasana.
I really start to notice that having a day off here and there from yoga, especially during this peak season of temptations and divulging in succulent meals and treats, that my body feels like it is needs to cleanse itself of treats immediately. For example, I cannot consume as much alcohol as I use to, as if my body has become sensitive to the treats I give it every now and then including fatty foods, alcohol, some dairy products, meats and other unmentionables lol.
I suppose the life of a yogi is based on balance but there is no question that this yoga in particular tries to steer you in a healthier direction, whether you want to or not.

_________________________________________________________________
Instructor-Ellena-4pm
After my class yesterday the temptations ceased to end and I ended up staying out late, eating sweets, some alcohol and making the most of the season lol. Not to my surprise class tonight was not as strong because my right kidney is in pain and my body is feeling quite stiff. Most of the students must have had the same idea as myself to rid the holiday temptations because this was the biggest class I have seen since the Garcia seminar. Literally, we had to share the floor but the energy tonight was amazing as we all tried our best to work off the holidays. It has been awhile since I last had Ellena but it is always a treat with her soothing tones and her ability to make you smile in the toughest postures.
~
Tomorrow I shall make up for Christmas Day, I hope everyone had a wonderful holiday and continues to give themselves the gift of yoga.

No comments:

Post a Comment