Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Day 28-December 28th (Monday)

Instructor-Mary-930am
Today was good ol' double day! Started off with Mary's bright and warm class but as luck would have it, I have a kidney infection so half moon, standing bow, camel and stretching were all torture. I know, I sound whiny and a complainer lol, but when you have pain or injury it's the only thing you can think about, on the bright side, I don't think about the heat this way lol. The class was fairly small for the morning but everyone seems to still be in the 'holiday work-it-off' mode so the energy was very high, even when Mary was making us hold the awkward and triangle postures. Mary is such a gem with her powerful voice that instills discipline but she never lets us go without a smile or laugh for too long in the series. My body is going through a few changes again with my spine stiffening a little much to arch my back for the cobra as well as the full locust. The floor bow on the other hand, is beginning to gain a little more height and my shoulders are stretching out farther so I can relax them while kicking my legs up higher, a small success but one that gets me smiling after the posture is over.
_____________________________________________________
Instructor- Candice-6pm (making up for Christmas Day)
I had a busy afternoon which made coming to the 4pm class virtually impossible which made me sad because it would have been Frank's class but Candice is my booster when I need it and there is no question I needed it! I had the privilege of practising beside two strong ladies: Anthea and Dana and again, the class was relatively small and my kidneys were giving me allot more trouble this evening, but overall this was a fun class although I think Candice may have been giving me a hard time about fidgeting- it's hard to relax when you want to remove the left side of your body lol.
I arrived a bit early so I could chat with Frank and I was happy to hear that he will not be leaving until the 18th of January, so come and take advantage of his classes!

No comments:

Post a Comment