Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Day 22 & 23 -December 22nd & 23rd (Tuesday and Wednesday)

Instructor-Candice-4pm
My day was filled with Christmas cheer as I was able to finish up the rest of my shopping and wrapping and baking so by the time I arrived at yoga I was feeling relaxed, rejuvenated and ready for some heat! However, today was the first day where the room was much cooler than usual and there seemed to be a trickling waterfall making a small puddle in the middle of the room. Either way, Candice was full of holiday spirit, joking and teasing us about our 'miserable' looks lol, making this class a relaxing, fun filled way to spend the afternoon.
My spine was not as open to the standing bow or the spine series but nevertheless it was great to feel energy come pouring back into my body. I also seem to recognize the alignment needed for the triangle pose, I think I finally understand what she means by keeping my hips up.
After class was almost as much fun and I wish I had brought my camera so I could watch three ladies try to devour chocolate cookies behind the counter, it was priceless! It was great to see these women relax and be themselves, enjoying the small moments that bring people together.
________________________________________________________________
Instructor- Candice 930am
The following morning my body was feeling very stiff, I could slowly feel the tension rising in my shoulders and neck plus I woke up with dizzy spells that created a throbbing headache. The worst is when I start the half moon series and I have to pull my shoulders out and stretch, I feel like they are wanting to come out of their sockets but once I stretch, especially in the second set, the tension is gone. The room was very cool again and Candice's holiday spirits were wide awake which helped boost my lagging body. During standing bow she had to hold my right foot straight because I have a tendency to twist it off to the left for balance and I know this is due to my right pelvis which is tilted which is a huge pain when aligning my body in standing separate head to knee, standing bow, balancing stick and tree/toe pose. Either way, I felt very strong regardless of the throbbing pains and tensions and as always Candice's bright bubbly personality shines through in her ability to make yoga a revitalizing journey each and every class with humour, enlightenment, guidance and discipline.

My body has been going through some transitions, in particular, emotional transitions that have caused frustration and even some crying episodes through class. As Dale has always put it, its a a break through in your journey, but I know one reason for my emotional upheavals; Frank is leaving us for six months to pursue another path of opportunity that yoga has presented for him. Tomorrow I will be taking a class of his in White Rock to at least get in a couple classes before he is officially gone, I know many students who hold him in high regard as one of their favorite instructors and rightfully so:)

No comments:

Post a Comment