Saturday, December 19, 2009

Day 18-December 18th (Friday)

Instructor-Stephen-930am
I woke up with a feeling of energy, just to have it zapped in class. The humidity was just too unbearable this morning, I tried to maintain most of what energy I had for the standing series but by the time we got to the floor I literally had moments where tears streamed down. I was told after class that this was a moment of releasement, your body trying to cleanse itself emotionally as well as physically. I personally, just thought it was too damn hot for my liking lol. I only got through this class because of Frank, he came by to practise with us, and I should have taken his slow and steady pace as a sign that I was trying too hard, forcing too much energy, especially with the higher than normal temperature. As I have mentioned before, anger can get the best of me and in my moments of anxiety and frustration, the balance of releasement and relaxation clearly did not coincide. On a positive note, my hips were out enough to align my head, arms and both legs in the standing bow, making it my strongest posture for the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment