Sunday, December 6, 2009

Day 6-December 6th (Sunday)

Instructor-Frank-12pm

A wise man asked me today "Do you know when the challenge ends?" I shrugged and he replied, "when it's no longer a challenge to come everyday." Challenge: defined as a demanding or stimulating situation; to engage in a contest or duel. How does this 'challenge' relate to yoga? Perhaps the demand to fight/duel the demons within, to stimulate growth, to create an energy that does not need to be challenged, but rather to gain balance mentally, physically and spiritually.

There were two main challenges to face in class today: the humidity and my brain, two variables that create anxiety for me. When I asked for peace my mind gave me noise, so many distractions that I can usually absolve from and yet the sweat, my towel, my breath, my hair, my outfit, even my heartbeat seemed to overtake the ability to stay serene.

Frank's determination to push past my barriers made me want to explode and yet all I could do was laugh, I think he does it on purpose to make me realize it's just yoga, make the movements come naturally or else you have to work that much harder to go half the depth you could otherwise. Relaxation, such a simple concept and yet that is why savasana can be the hardest posture to be in. Even though this class was a challenge I feel like I learn the most valeuable lesson: what doesn't break you, makes you stronger~thank you Frank♥

No comments:

Post a Comment