Thursday, December 10, 2009

Day 9-December 9th (Wednesday)

Instructor- Ellena- 6pm
Yes, my dreaded time of day for yoga but as much as Tuesday felt unproductive, I made up for it today with tons of energy to tackle my morning and afternoon, and because of it, I felt lifted and relaxed.
Side note- I have started to decrease the amount of water I consume during class, for example, I avoid it now until savasana and let me tell you, it has revved my energy and focus and I don't miss it at all! I was told by a wise man that the water will just sit in your stomach, nowhere to go and so it can cause you to feel slightly bloated and even mentally distracted for the next water break. So, I only take small sips, especially when coming closer to the spinal series where sitting on my stomach with water and excess air only makes me feel nauseous; and the result with less H2O is pure focus. I recommend drinking water during the day before class and then rejuvenate once it is over. Perhaps there will be a time when I won't need it at all during class but hey..small steps.
Anyway, Ellena's class was fantastic, just what I needed after my day off; the energy in the room was really in sync as if every student was ready to give it their all. My balance has been a bit off for the balancing series but I feel my standing head to knee getting stronger everyday. My hips seem to be closed more often than open and it distracts me when I try to bring my body down in standing bow as well as balancing stick, something I need to work on outside of class. Either way, I felt uplifted and full of positive energy tonight, even for a 6'oclock class.

No comments:

Post a Comment