Monday, December 21, 2009

Day 21-December 21st (Monday)

Instructor-Dale-1245pm
Even with the winter solstice upon us, there was no shortage of heat, thanks to the power driving force that is Dale. Although the humidity was cranked, I was determined not to let it get the best of me today, even though I was feeling under the weather all morning and afternoon. It is such a hard balance of force and breath about half way through the class for me lately that I start to feel a little discouraged. Dale always reminds us that each day you take class is different, your body will tell you where it is right from the get-go. I suppose if my body is talking, I should do a little bit more listening. One thing I have learned about depth in postures is that if it starts to feel too easy, your probably lagging on form, I seem to notice that one in half moon as well as awkward. My strongest postures today would be my eagle, which I have grown so much in flexibility as well as managing to keep a straight form, and my standing head to knee that I actually look forward to in my classes now.
I spoke too soon yesterday about my body feeling good, for I am feeling the aches in my shoulders and lumbar region.

No comments:

Post a Comment