Sunday, December 6, 2009

Day 2,3 and 4 (December 2nd, 3rd, and 4th) Wednesday, Thursday and Friday

Day-2-Instructor- Diane-4pm
Diane's soothing tones were the much needed reward I was hoping for coming back after being so sore. Sometimes a day off is what your body needs to recuperate, to replenish itself so you can have energy to drive right back in! The room was quite mild especially for the afternoon but I didn't complain, I quite enjoy some slack on humidity and as a result, I was able to extend my form in the balancing series as well as the triangle. I had to laugh when Diane told us about a student who whacked her eye while trying to get a grip on her toes in the stretching posture, Diane can be so wicked....lol

Day 3-Instructor-Stephen-930am
Stephen's class was all about smiling and watching us like a hawk to make sure we were perfecting our postures lol. I have noticed the morning classes are quite tight on my hamstrings, it seems like the first set of most postures are a warm up to the second set which can be a little disappointing because as the instructors claim: it's half the time. I wish I was able to exert the correct form and depth all at once but the fear of injury is always at the back of my mind, perhaps it is something I have to let go of and just give my body the benefit of the doubt. Either way, Stephen comes in with a cheery attitude and a no bars hold and with that I try to always give 100% in his class.

Day 4- Instructor-Ellena- 1245pm
And as energy can soar, it can also plummet and unfortunately, as much as I tried in Ellena's class, my energy could not compete with the humidity. There are days when the heat rev's my body and there are days when the humidity exhausts and frustrates me. As many instructors have probably mentioned the "fight or flight" mentality, you can really only understand it by experiencing it. It seemed as though I was fighting to do every posture, every set because I knew that if I gave up, sat down, walked out, it would exert more energy than just completing the posture. I have also noticed that Ellena now seems to be more aware of my form which gives me more determination to do the postures the right way as best to my ability.

No comments:

Post a Comment