Thursday, December 17, 2009

Day 17-December 17th (Thursday)

Instructor- Mary-930am
This is my first of two classes today, second one to make up for Monday, and I woke up with an abundance of energy as well as some clarity. There are days when I get up only to feel dizziness for the next few hours as I was diagnosed a couple years back as having a type of orthostatic hypo tension known as Dysautonomia, yeah say that five times fast lol, where blood pressure falls too quickly and therefore, I feel dizzy, feelings of faint and imbalance. When I arrive in the morning for classes where I feel this way, some postures in the standing series are difficult to hold because I have to bring my head below my heart then suddenly stand back up. However, if I breath deeply in the postures that affect my balance such as standing head to knee, standing separate head to knee, etc, it helps a great deal in creating more endurance and keeps the focus off of my dizzy spells.
As always Mary loves to make us work for our yoga, holding us in the classic postures such as Triangle and cobra and locust for as long as she can but with those few extra seconds I can look into the mirror to adjust my form although the harder I think about my Triangle, the more confused I seem to get about alignment and having my hips up or down, oh well, a learning process.
I will be back at 4, time to rest and eat!

No comments:

Post a Comment