Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Day 13-(103)-January 13th (Wednesday)

Instructor-Ellena-8pm
Have you ever had moments where your feel like the complete outsider in a situation? Having absolutely no empathy or a remote similarity in emotions or feelings? The class tonight was very big, lots of the new students who took the open house advantage on the weekend are coming back, easily thirty five-forty students and the room was apparently very humid.
As half the class felt like their lungs were going to burst and half of them seated by the halfway mark, I looked around in complete puzzlement, I mean if anyone is going to complain of the heat, it's always and foremost moi, and yet I barely let out more than a couple quick breaths and that was only because of floor bow.
The only reasoning I could comprehend was the fact I made spicy tacos tonight with jalapenos and so, my body was already heated from the inner core, it remained balanced with the heat on the outside. I know it sounds odd but I believe it because during the warm ups and most of the standing series, my hands and for some reason my right ankle were burning from the jalapenos coming out in my pores! I kid you not, since I started this challenge, everything comes out of my system within a few hours, especially if I take yoga in the evening.
Ellena tried her hardest to accommodate the students who could barely stay in the room, let alone do many postures and her cheery voice and humour literally made me have a smile on the WHOLE TIME. That doesn't happen! I'm still perplexed by this bizarre turn of events for me but I am so thankful that this class was fantastic for me.
Side note: funniest moment was when a student walked out, looking quite miserable and when Ellena asked why she was leaving she turned around, glared at us, and said "I'm on my period". I didn't even know we could use that for an excuse, it's like gym class all over again lol.

2 comments:

  1. I have to agree with you about the room. Not sure what my reason is (no spicy food eaten) but although it was hot and I was happy to have the door opened periodically (I'm a whimp), I didn't feel like I was dying from the heat or humidity.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha, I feel the same thing whenever I have something spicy!

    And I always hate being the person who thinks its too cold... you think if you say something during class the rest of them will attack you =P

    ReplyDelete