Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Day 26 (116)-January 26th (Tuesday)

Instructor-Candice-4pm
The class the night before took a toll on me and my cold was at it's worst today I was a zombie all day up until I came to class. I called the studio prior to to ask who was teaching the 4 o'clock and Candice replied that she was, so I asked who was teaching the 6 and she replied "Dale". So my first thoughts were..."OK, if I'm going to survive one of these classes, which one would it be?" LOL...Candice it is! She was in a particularly uplifted mood, not that she isn't always bubbly but she seemed excited about something or she had a lot of coffee/sugar which surprisingly can pump you up, gleefulness is contagious. My sinuses were stuffed and when you can hardly breath to begin with, breathing through your nose can be quite a chore but I kid you not, praneama is literally a life force for me and I was revving to go by the first posture!
I was also excited because I saw so many familiar faces and I had the pleasure of practising beside Jaime tonight, I've never seen her practise before so it was a real treat and she was so sweet to say afterwards that I was motivation for her, vice versa girl! I also had a nice surprise from a fellow student who never gets the chance to come and practise a few days in a row and said I was motivating him to come more often. The smile on his face after class was priceless, something I could not forget because he felt accomplished and motivated~I don't think I will ever wrap my head around the idea that I could inspire others I'm practising just like everyone else, I just happen to come more often. At the same time, I want students to feel good about themselves, to feel strong, to feel energized, to feel alive- the way I feel about this yoga.

No comments:

Post a Comment