Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Day 27 (117)-January 27th (Wednesday)

Instructor-Ellena-4pm
One of the theories of yoga is that because you learn to breath and relax and give 100% internally, you incorporate that learning mechanism into the rest of your life externally. For example, the breathing can help settle emotional tensions, regulate stress, calmly and practically solve situations without using aggression; give back to family, friends, associates, community and society with compassion and support. I visited my grandparents today and I helped them with minor things around the house, just overall spent some quality time and it felt so good to take some time out and appreciate those moments away from the routine, from the noise, and give something back to those I care about. Emotionally, that brought up a feeling of optimism which can be so essential to yoga~more like a balance I suppose, so when I came to yoga this afternoon I was uplifted and feeling good about myself.
Surprisingly, the class was relatively small compared to what it has been which I felt a bit of relief, I enjoy small classes, sometimes huge ones can be overwhelming (in a bit of a claustrophobic way). Ellena was the gentle but firm lady that I know and love but I was a bit disappointed not to see any regulars. However, when class was done and the six o' clock students were arriving I saw the man I mentioned from yesterday's class come in all pumped up waiting for the class so I gave him a high five and said "keep this up, I wanna see you here!", he said with bright eyes "I tried to make it for the four but I couldn't and I thought maybe of skipping but I thought of you, your my inspiration". Awwww...how sweet is that.
Anyway, Ellena is about to head to LA for the competition and shortly after, to Colorado for Esak's coaching clinic, lucky girl, I hope she has a blast and takes lots of pics!

3 comments:

  1. That's a lovely thing, being someone's inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How wonderful! Ah, I wish my yoga class was more than once a week! Reading these gets me so pumped up, so I look up some positions online and try them out! As a beginner it still feels awkward, but I'm so excited to keep going and going! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I bet that made your day, knowing you helped somebody get to Bikram. I love those stories!

    ReplyDelete