Sunday, January 17, 2010

Day 17 (107)-January 17th (Sunday)-MISSED

Last night I set my alarm so I could take the 8am class, however, once I woke up I knew a cloud had swept over my mental state and nothing was going to get me out of bed. The following were the necessities to get me through the day:
*comfort food-hot cereal, herbal tea, pickles and chocolate.
*epsom salts and a hot bath since my neck and shoulders are sore once again.
*a good cry
*a good book
* a chick flick, which I went to see this evening. "Up in the Air" is a recommendation by the way.
*cheering up and a heartfelt hug
I wouldn't necessarily write about my missed days but sometimes it is essential to take a break; yoga has become such a routine that I almost forgot about the world outside of it. I needed the reminder that I am not invincible, I am not out to prove anything, I started this yoga because I am passionate about it, not because I live it. I am still a student of yoga searching for my way and learning as I go along. Besides, God created Sunday's for rest, so I am sure HE can appreciate my day off. ~Namaste

2 comments:

  1. Sometimes a day off works wonders for our mental state! I do want to see Up in the Air. I've heard great things about it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Chick flicks, books, baths, and a good cry... sounds like a solid Sunday to me!

    ReplyDelete