Sunday, January 31, 2010

Day 30 (120)-January 30th (Saturday)

Instructor-Hillary-10am
Today was another good ol' double day, not sure how the rest of you feel but weekends seem to be easier for me to take doubles; not as much stress or hectic time frames, I just wake up, relax have breakfast and head on to my first class. It is with sadness that I report Hillary will no longer be teaching at our studio, since Langley is quite a commute for teachers coming out from Vancouver, Hillary will remain teaching in Vancouver (but I'm sure she will surprise us from time to time). The room was unusually humid today but that did not distract me from my focus and I had the pleasure of practising beside Dana, one of the studio's receptionists, who is such a disciplined practitioner and always remains cheerful and bubbly even when she's having an 'off day'.
I love when instructors bring up a quote or a saying in class that is off the usual routine of dialogue, I find it relaxes me and lets me focus on the meaning(s) behind the statements rather than focusing on having to breath or the humidity. Hillary mentioned the book "The Four Agreements" which is a guide to living life more simply with an open heart, the agreements are as follows:
1)Be impeccable with your word- speak with integrity and say only what you mean, avoid gossiping and anything to speak against others.
2)Don't take things personally- what others say and do is merely a reflection of their reality, once you become immune to these projections you will save yourself unnecessary suffering.
3)Don't make assumptions- speak clearly about what you want, communicate effectively to avoid misunderstandings, sadness and drama.
4) Always do your best- under any circumstances and understand that your best changes everyday, especially when you are sick, know that once you give what you can you avoid self-doubt and self-judgement.
During savasana and floor series I really took these four agreements to heart and as I look at myself through these agreements I know there are things I can improve on. It seems as though I try to stick to these agreements in certain aspects of my life but not others. Life can appear to be so chaotic when you let yourself become unbalanced like a see-saw, I feel this was my moment of realization so I can love myself and love others wholey and without judgement. Namaste~

No comments:

Post a Comment