Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Day 18(108)-January 18th (Monday)

Instructor-Dianne-1245pm
Monday is the start of a new week and so I share my own revelations:
*I start to realize that this practise, this yoga, is about embracing imperfection; I fall out, I fall down, I lose endurance, I lose focus, I have moments of panic, I have moments of pain, and this battle will continue. But as much as I use to find it a means of failing, a means of struggle, a means of loss I think I finally realize that it is about growth, liberation, acceptance, determination and peace. I let out a laugh when I fall out of postures and I get back on my feet and try again, nothing can be more powerful than your own motivation to try again.
*We had a new student brave enough to practise beside me right up front ( brave to go to the front, not beside me I'm not that scary lol) and I noticed within the last five or so postures of the practise she appeared to want to give up so I whispered to her that we had four postures left and that she was doing great. The glow of a smile on her face was priceless and she managed to complete the remainder of the class and once we were done, she thanked me for helping her get through. Such a small measure of compassion had such a huge impact that made me remember how supportive other students were in my beginning.
*My last revelation would be this "Yoga teaches us to cure what need not be endured and endure what cannot be cured" (Iyengar). Health wise, I have some barriers to break through, some diseases to cure and I am determined to work my body and mind to a healthy state once again and I know yoga will be a positive path in this battle. To endure what cannot be cured is another obstacle altogether for I have endured loss that can only be cured with his return....everyday of yoga is a day closer to your return.

No comments:

Post a Comment