Sunday, January 31, 2010

Day 30-Making up for Day 107

Instructor-Stefanie-4pm
The morning class went by so quickly I thought for sure the afternoon would crawl, especially since I was feeling very tired for my second set but that is what I love about this yoga, nothing is what it seems. The class was unusually small but the heat was rolling through us until Stefanie gave us some fan love, considering she had a newbie, a doubler and even a tripler I think she wanted to keep the heat at a minimum. My body was nice and limber, stretching out in the balancing series but my head just wasn't there, I was far away, cozying up in my bed lol. For probable reason of exhaustion I could not focus yet my body knew exactly what to do, like I was on autopilot, going through the motions. I have to admit I felt pretty good after class, knowing I remained strong but it is not the same when your energized mentally, the adrenaline that ceases through you when your alert is much different.
Anyway, kudos go out to the lady who took three classes and FOR FUN, I asked her if she was partaking in a challenge and she replied " no, I just wanted to see what three classes would be like". Forgive me for saying this but I thought I was a little insane for doing as many classes in a row that I am, but three classes in a day for fun? I only do doubles cause I have to lol. How does everyone else feel about doubles and triples? I'm curious, let me know! And if so, how does it make you feel after?

3 comments:

  1. I've never attempted a triple. I have a hard enough time with doubles! I've never done a double for fun, only to make up a class. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've done a handful of triples "for fun" (and lots of doubles). The doubles usually feel goooood. The second class is so bendy and sweaty. It makes me work HARD! The triples wipe me out, but also in a good way. The first time I did 3 in a day, I stopped at 7-11 on the way home, grabbed a pint of Ben and Jerry's, and ate the whole thing out of the carton with a spoon while watching Friends re-runs.

    Multiples are NOT everyone's cup of tea, and one-a-day is generally all you need (unless you're going to teacher training soon, YIPPEE), but sometimes an extra challenge is exciting!

    ReplyDelete
  3. BikramYogachick- I also have never attempted a triple, probably out of fear most likely that I will not survive lol. I suppose the mindset may be different when we are doing this challenge rather than taking a day or two away and then coming back and doing the doubles we would have a different perspective, may even enjoy it.

    DancingJ-Kudos to you for your energy for triples and yes I will have to admit the doubles I have done (at least the last few times) have felt good physically, I was more flexible it was more the mental energy that exhausted me. LOL I'm going to have to take that 7/11 idea into account the next time I do doubles, it will be my incentive after the second class.

    ReplyDelete