Friday, January 8, 2010

Day 7/8-January 7th and 8th (Thursday and Friday)

Instructor- Dianne-4pm
Dianne is one of the most calm and serene ladies I have ever met, her gentle tone is meditative and hypnotic and she knows exactly when to push you deeper and when to help you breath; a true balance that invoked such a harmonious class. My energy was rising above ground, to the point where I thought I could literally levitate during toe stand; and my muscles were giving me more leeway to stretch since they have been so tense during the past week, yes, I felt truly focused and nothing to take the smile off my face. I also feel that my body is going back to the basic forms of each posture, maybe to help me re balance myself so I can transform my postures perhaps to the next level. It may take awhile to realize but that is exactly what this yoga will do; it will drive your body to new lengths of power, strength and endurance, but sometimes when you push too hard, the body needs to recuperate, expel and replenish, bring the body back to its original form and start again. However, the beginning is never the same, your never truly back at square one, you are at a new level of beginnings...and the cycle begins again.
As they always say, no class is ever the same, every day is a new experience, a new chance to take your body somewhere new.
___________________________________________________________
Instructor- Jaime- 6pm
Tonight's class was even better than yesterday and my strength exceeded my own expectations. Perhaps there is a little anxiety coming up to the end of my challenge and the more I hear people talk about the challenge, the more I am glad I am not a celebrity lol. I don't mind taking some credit but I am not the only one in that room, day after day, week after week, trying to make sense of this crazy yoga and making some sense of my body and mind, I just go a little more often than some people. I can only imagine what teacher training is like; two classes a day for nine weeks-that is what I call intense! And I commend all those who take the training and continue teaching and practising everyday but of course, they live yoga; I have another life (believe it or not lol) and sorry Candice, teacher training is not in my near future, I enjoy the ride as the student but I have so much love and appreciation for those who do teach, you have made such an impact on not just my life in yoga but to open up your hearts as people.
Jaime is such a lovely lady who brings warm sunshine to the class and walks around to make sure every one's energy is in sync with such mellow tones. My practise, as I mentioned, exceeded my expectations and my own personal strength and I feel like I am building up to some new transformation.
I would like to add that Devin, one of the warm spirited staff and amazing yogis, is going to attend the teacher training in the fall and I wish her all the best~but I don't think she needs it, she will kick ass:)

No comments:

Post a Comment