Sunday, January 24, 2010

Day 24 (114)-January 24th (Sunday)

Instructor-Ellena-4pm
I was almost anticipating my body to be sore today but after a warm bath and pretty much lounging all day I felt pretty good coming to class. Once again the room was full and because I have a habit of putting down my mat at the last minute, I was scrunched up against the right side wall, having to move doing my half moon and triangle. However, as much as I felt good coming to class, the life force breathing felt like agony today and I was so tempted to walk right out of the room. It was like a wave of nausea and exhaustion that swept over me and I was anxious to have the class over with and the postures hadn't even started! But again, I took a few deep breaths and let go and sure enough I had my strongest standing bow I think I have ever seen, my head was straight, my legs, hips, arms all in aligment and I was probably just a couple inches away from having a straight leg.That alone, made my entire night and bless Ellena, she turned off the humidifier and turned on the fans. Ellena is such a gem for her ability to make you feel calm but so determined, she has it in for me to do well all I can say was the class turned out really well.

2 comments:

  1. Wow!! I'm glad I stumbled upon this blog! I *just* started practicing yoga on Friday, and I know I'm going to love it! Reading this will motivate me!

    :)

    lovediscoverygratitude.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Isn't it wonderful when the class turns out opposite of what you thought? When you are dreading it and instead have progress!

    ReplyDelete