Sunday, January 24, 2010

Day 23 (113 and Making up for Day 109)January 23rd (Saturday)

Instructor-Elaine-10am
"Fuuullll lungs!" Elaine gets me smiling right from the get-go in praneama breathing, even though I was not excited to be doing doubles today, you cannot help but feel lively when you are in Elaine's class. My body was feeling stiff and a little tender, especially because I did not stretch before class, but my mind was very alert and focused
A few things I try to do on double days:
*eat two hours before each session, something substantial too.
*I try to drink as much as I can but I don't force it and really cold water can upset my stomach and make me feel bloated, especially right before class so I try to sit my water out so it is at room temperature.
*vitamin and mineral intake, I lack calcium and iron so i try to incorporate those as well as some electrolytes. You lose already so much water and minerals in the first class you need to pay close attention to feeding your body the nutrients for the second.
*sleep the night before, crucial for me as well as well as avoiding any toxins like alcohol, greasy foods, sweets; it just creates more havoc and more work for your body to filter out the next day you want to focus on maintaing energy not bringing up mucus or feeling more dehydrated.
*take it easy between classes, don't overexert, relax, stretch, eat, maybe snooze..or your going have a bad time!
This morning class I knew I was going to get through I was more worried about the afternoon...
______________________________________________________
Instructor-Dale-4pm (making up for Day 109)
I was nervous and a little anxious coming to the studio a few hours later, anticipating the worst. As much as I try to go by my set of 'rules' I felt like a zombie as I was changing and entering the hot room. They don't call it the life force for no reason and with Dale's thunder claps taking hold of my mind by half moon, I was pumped! That man can lift you off the ground when you feel literally like a corpse; his energy, his tone, his dominance, his humour- in these moments I realize that if you let go of all your expectations of yourself, all your stress, frustrations, discouragement, you can open up and listen to the instructor fully without a second thought. I completely blew myself away, never really appreciating what my body is willing to do for me up until this point.

Off note- I just want to thank all the people who have given me comments with their support so far, sometimes I reply, sometimes I don't but I smile after I read every one. And to all the 101's and the blogs I have followed, you guys are doing amazing. I learn something new and fascinating from your experiences~Namaste

No comments:

Post a Comment