Sunday, January 17, 2010

Day 16 (106)-January 16th (Saturday)

Instructor- Stephen-4pm
Mentally, I felt myself lagging quite a bit throughout the day and by the time I came to class I felt pretty self defeated. My mental state, however, did not stop me from practising in the front nor was I feeling the sweeps of humidity overwhelming. What I have noticed is that many students are starting to think this is a walk in, walk out type of practise whenever the room gets the better of you and it's just pure logic to know that once ONE person leaves momentarily, another is quick to follow in their tracks. There is no question that we have all felt the same way, and I have actually left the room either to realize that I was going to be sick or that I was going to have a serious crying attack. However, I try not to leave the room for any more than a set of a posture so I can return to finish the second set and I am grateful for the instructors who do not dispute my reasons for leaving, they let me be because they know I will come back just as strong.
Stephen's class was a treat since I haven't seen him in awhile and he joked to me before class saying "hey, isn't this your 5000th class?" Apparently though he has been sending the word out about my challenge and I think it's great, my purpose is to inspire others to challenge themselves.

No comments:

Post a Comment