Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Day 4- January 4th (Monday)

Instructor- Frank- 1245pm
....and the heat wagon just keeps rolling in! Mind you, it was Frank's class, he is noted for intensifying your experience but nothing could prepare me for the nausea, dizziness and the back/kidney pain I was feeling which made my class that much more intense.
Frank brought up an ironic theme for the day: discipline. Hmm..let's see what the definition of discipline is: training that corrects, molds, or perfects;to train or develop by instruction and exercise especially in self control. Frank, no doubt, has helped me correct many forms of postures, molded my mental image of yoga and overall has given me discipline in practise, and focus. The past few classes however, my self control has been wavering, especially with the aches I feel and the intensity of the heat has been overwhelming. I know that it is just a period of self doubt and possibly anxiety that has created an emotional roller coaster for me and I hope for the breakthrough that I desperately need to complete the remainder of my challenge.
Although this would be my last class with Frank for the challenge, I know I will come back next week to his class, what can I say, the heat cannot stop me from seeing Frank, his classes are something you have to experience, you cannot express.♥

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like you had quite an insightful class with Frank! Indeed, discipline is the key to our Bikram yoga practice, and our lives beyond the mat, too. And yes, self-control is hard, and when we feel a lack of self-control, it is just the worst. Hugs, hope you feel better soon! Next time the anxiety demons come into your head, drive them away with this: remember that it's not about how far we go our how much we achieve, but rather, our determination, perseverance, and willingness to try the right way. If you truly trust yourself, everything will work itself out. :)
    Best wishes for your 30-day challenge! Look forward to reading about your journey.

    ReplyDelete