Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Day 25 (115)-January 25th (Monday)

Instructor-Candice-6pm
This is the longest I think I have gone without writing here in the past three months, I have been recovering from a cold, which can be a little tough when doing the yoga challenge.
I was feeling rough around the edges but I knew deep down that the yoga would cleanse me from the inside out; as I have said before come to yoga when you need it the most!
So, in actuality I was anticipating coming to class to make me feel better and having Candice will knock the cold right out of you! lol I don't think in the entire time I've had Candice as an instructor has she ever let me slack or feel sorry for myself-rain or shine, depressed, pissed off, injured, sick or excited-this lady pushes me! As she has stated "when your in this room it's your body but it's MY mind" and whenever I feel the humidity or the wave of nausea or whiteness of pure surrender her voice literally becomes the voice in my head, I can't think about anything else. I could feel my body detoxing and once class was over I felt good, not 100% but thankful I came and thankful I had energy.
Side note: although I felt good after class I had to walk home in this frigid January weather and even with a heavy coat a chill went through my spine and I was sore all night, even with a hot bath. I'm not sure how others feel but sometimes I can welcome cold air on my skin after the practise and sometimes I dread it in fear of stiffness or even catching a cold..hmmmm...any thoughts?

2 comments:

  1. On cold days, I really look forward to the hot room for yoga! For me, cold can bring on stiffness, but I mostly notice it when I sit still in one place in a too cold room. The more yoga I do, the less it bothers me. Drinking hot herbal teas is my salvation in winter. When you're sick, though, cold weather can really be awful, and I don't blame you for dreading it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm going to have to remember that comment about the teachers mind when I next have a class I'm struggling in. Sounds like advice worth it's weight in gold.

    ReplyDelete