Friday, January 29, 2010

Day 29 (119)-January 29th (Friday)

Instructor-Anthea-6pm
I deliberately took the early class yesterday and the late class today because as much as I love yoga, I love my boyfriend more and so it was wonderful to have a date night, especially because it always reinstills just how lucky I am to have found my soul mate♥ Alrighty, enough of that....
I found towards this evening I had a bit of adrenaline running through me that needed some sort of releasement and when I arrived for Anthea's class I was ready to feed the need for tree...? sorry rhyme failure lol. Two things I can be guaranteed in Anthea's class: lots of humour and fan love. Not surprisingly, it was crowded and with many new students and the lovely Jaime was practising with me but since the front was too crowded she told me to stay up front while she went to the second row- a teacher telling me to stay up front is very flattering to say the least but lately I start questioning this theory...If we are supposed to be in the class for ourselves, doing the best we can regardless if it's a bad or good day, why do I feel so much pressure to be in the class for other students? I can't always be "on", there are times that I can't do every posture, every set and yeah I still like to go to the back sometimes. I suppose I will have to start showing up a bit earlier and hiding back there from time to time..muahahaha. shhh..don't tell the instructors..;)
Side note:- I learned today that in order to remove that icky musty smell from your mat do one of two things- get a new mat or spray with 1ounce tea tree oil to one cup of water in bottle then spray with peppermint oil.

4 comments:

  1. I use tea tree oil and lavender oil to spray my mats. I have a couple of mats so I can alternate, and I always hang them up on my porch in the hopes that fresh air and sunshine will help the smells.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sisya, just your description of mat care relaxed me! Lavender, fresh air and sunshine seem to help pretty much everything.

    ReplyDelete
  3. ooh, good tips for the mats!

    and yeah, for the first time I decided to be in the front of the room so I can see the instructor better... yeeaaah... i dont know about that next time, haha!

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sisya and Catherine- lavender is a good alternative, however I can be a little sensitive to it, that's why I prefer the scent of peppermint. Lavender puts me to sleep, peppermint keeps me rejuvenated for class.

    Stacy- Ill tell you now, when I started out, I always looked at the instructor, to better understand the dialogue and for "approval". It will take some time but the only person you should look at is yourself. When I go to the front (and kudos for you doing that btw) I focus on my legs, my stomach and my eyes, three things that are strong and ever constant. Keep it up girl, I wanna hear more about your classes.

    ReplyDelete