Friday, January 15, 2010

Day 14(104)-January 14th (Thursday)

Instructor-Dianne/Candice-6pm
There are times I come to yoga and my mind is running a mile a minute, juggling the stress from the day and fixated on things that are troubling me; last night however, as much as I had a fairly stressful mindset before I came to yoga, the moment I walked into the studio I felt lifted. This scenario does not happen very often where I feel elevated and serene but of course it does help to be in the company of warm spirited yogi's, two in particular; Sandra and Allison.
I have been practising with Allison and Sandra roughly since I began; Allison has come so far in her practise, she is one tough lady who never ceases to amaze me. Sandra is another tough girl who even though had some surgery done recently has bounced back with strength and determination and always remains calm. Way to go ladies!
I knew Dianne appeared to be struggling a bit last night because her voice was much rougher than usual and just like the students, teachers can have off classes and dizziness unfortunately got the better of her. And so Candice had to halt her practise and continue the class off for Dianne, and here I thought instructors were invincible to the heat!
I promised Sandra I would venture to the front of the room and practise beside her, although I was lucky to get a spot because it was crowded again, apparently someone is getting the word out about Bikram Yoga lol. Anyways, like I said, I was at the front and feeling uncomfortable about that, it is not my favorable spot but it sure helps in the standing series, I feel more focused staring into my own eyes for balance and strength during standing head to knee. I recommend trying that out once your in step two (leg kicked out), just focus into your own eyes, not your leg, not your hands, not your stomach; you will gain so much more focus and stamina for as they say feel the leg stretching out, don't look at it.

1 comment:

  1. Nice series of postings. Do you know about these yoga books?

    http://www.yogavidya.com/freepdfs.html

    ReplyDelete