Thursday, January 21, 2010

Day 20&21 (110&111)-January 20th &21st (Wednesday and Thursday)

Instructor-Jaime-8pm
Yes, I missed Tuesday, two days within one week now but as I write this I feel so much stronger because I know I have quite possibly a new goal in mind...but I'd rather share it once I am absolutely sure lol. Wednesday's evening class was a bit humid but I didn't let it get the better of me and I have slowed down my pace, mentally reminding myself to breath properly, then expel energy into the posture.
If there is one thing I have let go of is the need for a challenge, it seemed like a huge weight was lifted off of me once I completed my 100 days, now I feel quite possibly like this may not necessarily be a challenge anymore (to practise as often as I do).
I have also observed the changes in Jaime's teaching, she has such a vibrant tone to her personality now, much more cheerier and enthusiastic and her support in me has made her classes so strong, I feel very mellow and driven such a strong combination.
__________________________________________________________
Instructor-Stefanie-4pm
Today's class was humid but I really wasn't feeling the panic I often do but I noticed that I did not drink enough water today because I could feel the heat burning my face. Stefanie is such a strong spirit, she never ceases to amaze me with her powerful voice and her little metaphors used in class; she makes each class her own with creativity and motivation. Another large class has me thinking that either Oprah or some sort of other form of communication has sprung out and opened people up to Bikram Yoga.
I read, like many of you have I'm sure, Oprah's first and second segment on Paige Williams doing the 60 day challenge and I am quite fascinated by her results: 14 pounds lost, five inches gone, cholesterol down from 149 to 108, BMI down 7% and her glucose down to 73-in 60 days!
The entire time I have been doing yoga I have lost maybe 15 pounds, approximately 3-4 inches off my waist and my BMI is down 10%. Mind the fact that she may have had more to lose than myself but I'm not complaining, really, I feel amazing with muscles and a strong mindset I feel this yoga has changed so much for me.
I'd like to leave some food for thought "The class you end up regretting is the one you didn't take".

No comments:

Post a Comment