Saturday, November 14, 2009

Day 13- November 13th (Friday)

Instructor-Ellena-4pm
I woke up in the morning unable to breath, I was sure I was getting the dreaded H1N1 virus; my body was feeling sluggish and I had no motivation to do anything the majority of the day. Yet I was determined to go to the afternoon class in the hopes that yoga would make me feel more energetic and would help me combat this ailment. Right from the praneama breathing I could feel my respiratory system wanting to crash, it was hard for me to breath deeply and my throat hurt as my knuckles pushed against them while exhaling. However, as I was about to give up on being able to do this class, once the breathing exercise was complete a wave of heated energy revved my blood and I felt the oxygen fill my lungs up. I could not believe the energy I accumulated from the breathing alone that helped me drive myself into standing bow with my legs up farther than they have ever been. As well my full locust, which is generally my weaker posture, I felt like I could actually soar! I would also like to think I had some motivation from Raj, one of my favorite yoga buddies-he has such great energy! Not to mention my girl Ellena who never lets me leave the room feeling like I haven't given 100%, her soothing yet disciplinary voice makes you feel like working hard can be fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment