Thursday, November 19, 2009

Day 19-November 19th (Thursday)

Instructor-Carol-930am
For this blog, I wanted to incorporate both different times and different instructors so each student could get an idea of each teacher's personality. All I have to say about Carol's class is WOW, she is fantastic! It has been probably a year since I last had Carol, not because I didn't want her class but our schedules clashed too much I always seemed to just miss her. What can I say about Carol's classes? She is built on perfection to the tee; adamantly walking around the room devoted to making sure each student is in the proper setup and alignment. One thing I really enjoyed was she actually showed us physically how to set ourselves up for most postures. Carol's ability to show such dominance in such a small (but powerful) frame inspires me to work that much harder in class and to prove great things can come in small packages like myself lol. During the balancing series Carol used a metaphor of our legs being like tree trunks, never moving, always in place. As I thought about that concept during the series I realized it helps to visualize certain images in order to enhance strength and endurance and sure enough, I had some great postures today. I warn you though, you go to her class be prepared to work and possibly be pinched! lol

No comments:

Post a Comment