Saturday, November 7, 2009

Day 6-November 6th (Friday)

Instructor-Mary-4pm
As you can see I am very much a fan of the afternoon class, giving me time through the day to relax my muscles and to tire me out for a good night's sleep lol. This class was unusually small for this time of day but I had the privilege of being with all familiar student's, so I decided to surround myself with the strongest students I know which brought my energy level up (at least for the standing series). For the first time I was able to see myself in the side mirror, however, it revealed some major adjustments I need to improve on in such postures as standing bow, standing separate head to knee and floor bow. The front mirror can be wickedly deceiving when it comes to the full extent of my postures (I'm starting to think they may need a 360 degree mirror lol) but I know I have improved in many other postures. My strongest one last night was standing head to knee as I was able to finally bring my chest and head down to my knee, quite proud of that!:) When you have Mary's class come prepared to work your butt off, as she loves to make sure everyone goes to the fullest extent of each posture but through that she makes it so rewarding with her gentle voice and warm personality. Mary is always a treasure to have as an instructor.

No comments:

Post a Comment