Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Day 25-November 25th (Wednesday)

Instructor-Carol-930am

Generally when I take a morning class I feel sluggish, almost like a zombie, running through the routines of the postures and today was not much different. Carol's assertive yet rhythmic voice was always present but it seemed to take a back seat to a silence in my head I don't 'hear' too often. Sometimes when I come to class I am so insistent to be 'in class' that it takes away from the whole understanding of yoga; the meaning of being present but in a state of complete surrender to your body and your energy. The mind should never take over for when it does you lose control and I suppose that is why I appreciate having a morning class so my mind is not fully awake (but neither is my back lol) but my heart is open to a wakeful sense of meditation. Carol's insistence on creating a vibrant and perfected class always leaves me with a motivation to create change for myself. My weakest posture today would have to be the back bend in the half moon series because I am feeling lots of tension in my tailbone (or lumbar) region.

No comments:

Post a Comment