Monday, November 30, 2009

Day 30-November 30th (Monday Afternoon)

Instructor- Frank-1245pm
....And the end draws near....since my morning class was so energetic I truly believed my muscles were going to give out on me for this class, but once again I love it when I prove myself wrong:)I wanted to end on a high note so I put forth 200% effort and energy and for the first time Frank did not come over and try to correct me every other posture lol. There is no question I try to put forth much more than normal in Frank's class just because I know he expects so much more from me and with this type of challenge from him, I am able to push harder and exceed my own expectations of myself. It was also a treat to have Candice come in and take the class with us as she is my standing head to knee guru lol: her focus and determination is quite exhilarating to watch and her growth in advanced series postures inspires me to take yoga to the next level.
One thing I would like to mention about Frank's classes is his acknowledgement of each students participation in the class, every time the student's exit the hot room he is waiting to give positive reinforcement.
When I began my journey in August of 2008, I loved yoga from the start but because of personal issues a couple months later I was unsure of whether I was going to keep yoga in my life and that was when I first had Frank as an instructor. He came in with this cool collective confidence but also with this passion for yoga, he really made me see for the first time that yoga could really draw a life force from within and to grow mentally and physically if you were truly determined to. So I thank him for showing me the path of personal self discovery and I will take that forever in my journey through yoga as well as the rest of my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment