Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Day 16/17-November 17th(Tuesday)

Instructor-Mary 930am
Yes, I missed Monday so I decided to come and make it up today starting with Mary's morning class. It started off oddly due to some repairs that needed to be done on the ceiling so the class itself started around 940 lol. The class heated up quickly so I was able to stretch in the balancing series but I still find that when participating in the morning classes my muscles are still stiff and my balance is off when I do triangle and separate standing head to knee. It seems my strongest postures are the full locust and bow lately, bringing my chest higher and holding the postures for the duration. Coming up to the last week and half my neck and shoulders are starting to become stiff once again but I feel so much physical power and energy outside the class; I have built focus, I am able to sleep soundly, to eat (or should I say not overeat), to balance emotions and feel confident in myself. I will be back for the six pm class!
_______________________________________
Instructor-Anthea 6pm
There is a reason why I do not take the six pm classes, it's humid, it's crowded and generally the instructor refuses to make the class more bearable. Unfortunately, tonight was no different and the higher the humidity, the less energy I have for the class which I find unfair, I like to give 100% when I come to class. If my energy fails me due to my own physical well being then so be it, but when the humidity is so high that sweat is pouring rather than dripping and the heat causes me to lose focus I find that I lack any energy to want to complete the class. I maintained my composure for the duration rather than creating anxiety for myself but the point is it should be a balance of comfort ability as well as hard work. It's not boot camp, it's yoga.

No comments:

Post a Comment