Saturday, November 7, 2009

Day 7-November 7th (Saturday)

Instructor-Dale-12pm
The noon classes on the weekend are like the 4pm's during the week; the room is quite humid, classes can be quite full and I feel like I'm past the half way mark of my day. Unfortunately, I was not feeling motivated to come to class today, my body is starting to feel the necessary changes to create more flexibility and growth in my practise such as tightness in the shoulders and neck and a bit of cramping in my left calf. My strongest posture was probably the toe stand even though my energy gave out shortly after. I have also noticed that the classes for the past couple days seem stretched out, mostly because mentally I am feeling a little burned out. It was, as always a disciplined but pleasurable class with Dale and to all the new students, I highly recommend him when you are starting out with these classes, for he helps out the new students with tips on postures but most of all: to breath!

2 comments:

  1. Saturday was a hard class for me to. Dale did a great job and got me through the class.

    It feels like my body is fighting me.
    I have been hard on my body over the years and I can understand that it wants some payback :)
    I am not giving up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. First off, it's a pleasure to have a follower, I really hope that this blog will encourage you to continue your practise.
    Secondly, your body is not trying to necessarily fight you, it's trying to figure out this new routine that you have started. It is going to take some time for it to adjust, but at the same time your body is incredible when it comes to muscle memory and the more often you practise, the more rewards your body will present to you, I promise you that. I was incredibly hard on my body for years and it has taken it's toll but once I decided to slowly make changes first with my diet then with physical exercise, my body has thanked me in incredible ways.
    It takes strong discipline and will to come back each day and as long as your coming to class, you will have many supporters:)

    ReplyDelete