Sunday, November 8, 2009

Day 8-November 8th (Sunday)

Instructor-Anthea-4pm
This afternoon's class was not an easy one for me, before I came to class I felt physically unwell with a tension headache, fever and sore muscles in my shoulders and neck. As much as I would like to say that this yoga is painless once you leave the studio, the reality is your going to go through some rough patches just like any other form of exercise. As well, my body was not hydrated enough before class and about half way through the practise (which is somewhere around trikonasana) dizziness and a bit of nausea overcame me. I was quite relieved when Anthea put on the fans during our savasana but I still could not focus on the practise over the humidity. The good news is once I left the hot room I realized that all my energy and drive relieved me of my headache and my fever (as Anthea always tells us 'no pain, no gain'). One thing I would like to mention is the great example given to the new students by the intermediate students who practise at the front of the class, they work so hard with intense energy and focus there is no doubt they motivate me (one of the reasons I like to stay at the back lol) and give the newbies a goal to work towards. My strongest posture would probably be the half moon series tonight along with cobra.

No comments:

Post a Comment