Friday, November 13, 2009

Day12-November 12th (Making up for Day 10)

Instructor-Diane-8pm
....Like I said I would, I came back for the 8 o'clock class, although I felt like a zombie that evening. After my morning session it was a pretty busy day and no nap to get me energized for the night ahead but regardless, I managed to have more momentum than I anticipated. The room was very humid, just the way Diane likes it, but the crowd was minimal which is fairly unusual for the evenings. One thing I would like to bring up is the slight irritation I have with students who come in after I have my mat in place and they put their setting directly in front of my view of the mirror. I can see if the room is crowded, there isn't much leeway to position so everyone can see the mirror, but night's like last night this student had many areas and I find this very disrespectful and even though its a slight irritation, it already starts to change my mood for the class. Moving on...I don't get the pleasure of having Diane's classes too often but when I do, I find her voice so soothing and mellow I feel like I am being put into a meditative trance for ninety minutes. Plus I have the sneaky suspicion she knows when I am starting to get a little anxiety in the spine stretching series and she comes over and massages my feet lol.
One thing I have noticed on and off about my practise is that I don't smile enough and I catch myself in postures such as cobra or camel or standing separate head to knee crunching my forehead and not relaxing my face. Believe it or not, it can make such a huge difference in your ability to go deeper and to feel less pressure and tension in your body.

No comments:

Post a Comment